PanoMachine first use was making
panoramic pictures. For this, two special modes can be use : one
for 360° pictures (PANO360 mode) and another for other angles
pictures (PANOWIDE mode)
Here is the way the PanoMachine
takes pictures in PANO360 mode:
Then, you just need to stitch
pictures with the software of your choice (I recommend Helmut Dersh
PanoTools filters for Photoshop, as they are free and they make
a great quality job, but there is lots of other softwares easier
to use wich can run automatically)
Selecting PANOWIDE mode, angle is not necessary 360°, you can
select the angle of your choice, as
making a 200° picture with a telelens can also gives wonderful
Examples of use.
- Make a single panorama of 200° (5 views) with a Nikon D70, with
infrared remote control.
- Make 5 panoramas of 360° (12 views), waiting 15 minutes between
- Make a QTVR object (36 views) in less than one minute.
- Make a panorama of 360° and tripple each view.
- Make a panorama
of 200° (24 views) with a telelens.
- Make a panorama of 180°, following the sun : 12 views with a
delay of one hour between each view.